Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies



Posted by: Maggie

I had the idea to make these cookies after spotting a bag of white chocolate chunks while wandering through Whole Foods last week. A quick google search for an appealing recipe brought me to Just Another Foodie's blog. Between the cranberries, and the red and white colors they are very seasonally appropriate. If they go over well with my coworkers Monday morning I'll certainly make them again before Christmas, because I personally think they're scrumtrulescent.

They're really easy to make; I only halfway paid attention to what I was doing because I was watching You've Got Mail at the same time. It made me miss the old pre-trout lipped Meg Ryan.

Here's what you'll need:



1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips/chunks
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent cookie bottoms from getting too brown.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl, and gradually stir into sugar mixture. Mix in white chocolate chunks and cranberries.

Roll dough into walnut sized balls, and bake on prepared baking sheets for 8-10 minutes. (Mine were perfect after 8). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute, and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure these are my favorite cookies ever. :) Thank you for the recipe, by the way. I think that's the one! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready to try these know. Sounds delicious.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making these as a I type.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio