Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Pie

Peanut Butter PiePosted by: Maggie
Welcome to the first official recipe of "A Bitchin' Kitchen!" I know icebox pies are traditionally more of a summertime dessert, but when I spotted this while browsing the archives of The Pioneer Woman Cooks (my favorite food blogger of all time), I knew that I could not wait until warm weather to make it.

Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite dessert combos, and this super rich pie satisfies the craving. I made it Monday evening, and in an effort to not eat the entire thing myself, sliced it up and put it in the freezer after it set. It turns out that the pie is even more delicious straight from the freezer, so I know what I'll be having for breakfast dessert for the next few days.


25 Oreos
4 T. salted butter, melted


1 c creamy peanut butter

1 8 oz block softened cream cheese

1 1/4 c powdered sugar

1 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed


Pulverize the Oreos in a food processor until they're fine crumbs. Mix in melted butter until moistened, and press into a pie pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the crust is set. Pop the pie pan into the freezer at this point so that you don't melt the filling when you pour it in. For the filling, beat the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth, and lastly beat in the Cool Whip until smooth. Dump the filling into the chilled crust, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Say smooth a few more times for good luck. Chill for several hours in the fridge before enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio