Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Posted by: Maggie

Adapted from

The first time I made these brownies for coworkers a couple years ago, people were practically offering me their first born in exchange for the recipe. I politely declined, but passed along the recipe anyway.

I always made boxed brownie mixes before trying this recipe, and NEVER will again. These are the fudgiest, densest, most indulgent brownies I've ever tasted, and everyone who has tried them has raved. Best of all is that the ingredient list is incredibly simple, and comprised of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.

These are dessert for New Years Eve dinner with my boyfriend tomorrow night, and I'm hoping I have the willpower to leave them alone until then!

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup salted butter, melted
1 1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 c dark brown sugar
1 T vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t salt
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9x13 baking dish lightly with cooking spray.

Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each until thoroughly blended.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. (The original recipe says to sift, but I don't believe in sifting. Mainly because I don't have a sifter.)

Gradually beat in flour mixture until thoroughly blended. Stir in chocolate chips, and spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. (Mine were perfect after 35 minutes).

Remove from oven, and cool pan on wire rack for 1 hour before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. I was looking for a great brownie recipe-I'm making them now. Glad I found you- you're recipes sound awesome. I'm looking forward to testing them out!:)


Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio