Thursday, June 3, 2010

Steak Marinade

Posted by: Annie


Prior to dating my boyfriend, I never made a steak and I had little interest in ever making one. However, over the past years in an effort to make his favorite food I have tried many different recipes- and this one is ultimately the best (and the easiest!). I used Wegmans Perfect Portion Strip Steaks. They are perfect because they are easy to thoroughly cook and because they are thin do not get dried out if you prefer your steak well done. I adapted a steak marinade recipe from easysteakmarinades.net and my boyfriend hailed it as the best steak he has ever eaten, and I even thought it was pretty tasty and I am not a steak lover.

In a large Tupperware container mix:
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
3 garlic cloves smashed
2 heaping tbs steak seasoning (I used McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning)

Place steaks in the marinade and let marinate for at least four hours. Then grill to perfection!
(The recipe is meant for four steaks, however I only marinated two and they were incredibly delicious (not over-seasoned at all!) )

1 comment:

  1. Pretty stoked about trying this marinade on the 4th. Googled "Bitching steak marinade" and decided that whatever I found, I would only use one that described the marinade as bitching, so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio