Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moroccan Grilled Salmon

Posted by: Maggie

It's time for a non-dessert recipe, since the last three I've posted have been cookies, bars, and truffles. Also, this is A Bitchin' Kitchen's first ever seafood recipe!

I changed a few things from the Food Network's version. Some of the reviewers had problems with the fish sticking to the grill, so I skipped marinating the fish and just brushed it and the grill with olive oil. (Grill for me = the Cuisinart Griddler...I LOVE it so much that I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.)

Also, I only used two salmon fillets and doubled the sauce, which I then dipped pita bread in. The sauce has a strong cumin flavor, and cumin smells like falafel. Therefore, pita dipping was the logical course of action.

Lastly, since I want to share my cooking tribulations as well as my triumphs I present the following - thou shalt not flip salmon with tongs, if thou doesn't want salmon to resemble cat food:

Thank goodness I cooked two pieces.

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1 lemon
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1 T ground coriander
1 T cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 6-oz salmon fillets (I accidentally bought the kind with skin, and will do so again now that I know how easy it is to pull off once cooked)
Parsley for garnish

Preheat a grill pan to medium high, and cover with a generous amount of olive oil.

While the grill is heating, mix together the yogurt, lemon, oil, garlic, and spices. Put it in the fridge while you cook the salmon.

Brush oil on both sides of the salmon fillets, and cook for about 9 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.

I bought cous-cous to serve with this, but ended up just having pita bread. Either one would be a delicious accompaniment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio