Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oreo Truffles

Posted by: Maggie


This recipe is seriously one of the easiest, most delicious things I've ever made. I got rave reviews from my coworkers and boyfriend, which I almost felt guilty about accepting since these "truffles" require only three ingredients, and zero minutes in the oven. The most difficult part is waiting for the chocolate to set so that you can eat them without making a total mess.

Here's what you'll need:

1 package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed, 9 reserved for garnish
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
2 8 oz packages semi-sweet chocolate, melted. (I used Baker's brand)

Thoroughly combined crushed Oreos and softened cream cheese. Form mixture into approximately 40 1-inch balls, and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze balls for 30-45 minutes. Dip into melted chocolate, and garnish with reserved crushed Oreos.

These taste better when they've been out of the fridge for about an hour, but I recommend keeping them cold the rest of the time, since the cream cheese is perishable.

Also, these aren't pictured but I decorated some of them with melted white almond bark, dyed with pink gel food coloring. I just funneled it into a squeeze bottle and drizzled!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful this is, absolutely delicious looking!
    I bet they taste similar to Sara lee frozen mini Oreo cheesecakes - addictivelu mouthwatering

    I am glad I found your too-sweet blog :)
    If you want, it would be awesome if you gals could visit my own blog - I have all sweet recipes which, seeing to your baking style, you would really enjoy :)
    Hope you like it as much as I like yours
    Sincerely
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio