Monday, October 11, 2010

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup


Posted by: Annie

Finally the temperatures have started to drop and I can annoy people around me by loving the cold. I can also make soup. This soup was a major hit in my house. We are notorious for never eating our leftovers, but every drop of this soup was finished. Also, besides being delicious this soup is healthy!

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1 tablespoon bottled grated ginger (I could not find this in a bottle, so I finely grated a fresh piece of ginger)
2 stalks fresh lemongrass, peeled (I also could not find this ingredient. I was at the mercy of Fresh Grocer by my work so I omitted this ingredient)
2 cups water
2 (14 oz) cans fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta (I probably added a little more than 4 oz, but just remember to add more broth if you want a nice broth to noodle ratio)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 red chile pepper, finely chopped (I used half of a chile pepper)


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Saute garlic, ginger, and lemongrass (or not, in my case) for three minutes.  Stir in water and broth, and bring to a boil.  Once the water/broth combination has reached a boil, add in chicken and pasta.  Cook for an additional five minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.  Remove from heat (at this point I dumped the contents of my skillet into a big soup pot for easier stirring) and stir in the remaining ingredients.  Let stand 5 minutes and discard lemongrass (if used).


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio