Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge




Posted by: Maggie

Fudge is one of those desserts that has always scared me.  All that candy thermometer/soft ball nonsense, plus the very high probability that one misstep will result in a ruined dessert and wasted ingredients, has caused me to never attempt fudge making before.


When I saw this super easy recipe on How Sweet It Is I knew my fear of fudge would soon be but a distant memory. Not only does this recipe not require a candy thermometer, it is cooked in the microwave and comes together in 3 minutes flat.


I'm bringing this into work later today - I hope my coworkers like it as much as I do! (For those of who noticed the time this was posted, yeah, yeah, I get to work insanely late.  I'm sooo not a morning person and am insanely lucky to have a flexible schedule.)

If you're planning on doing any kind of Christmas dessert platter this year, this would be a great addition to it - I always associate fudge with Christmas for some reason. 

Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened, condensed milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 T water

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, and nuke for 30 seconds on full power.  Stir, and microwave for 30 more seconds.  Mixture will probably be smooth at this point, but if it's not continue microwaving in 30 second increments until it is.  Pour mixture into a foil lined 8-inch square baking dish, and refrigerate until solid.  Mine took about 60 minutes to be hard enough to cut.

12/20/12 [UPDATE]: I now make this in an 8x4 loaf pan to get thicker fudge. You may need to refrigerate it a bit longer. The photo shows fudge made in an 8x8 pan. 

Makes 16 pieces


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio