Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Posted by: Annie

If you want to make new friends at work- MAKE THESE COOKIES! Or if you want someone to do something for you - MAKE THESE COOKIES. Or if you want a present- MAKE THESE COOKIES (they really really are THAT good), and totally worthy of the of caps lock usage. To quote my roommate Dana on her experience (eating the batter!), "It was so good I swear it like warmed up in my mouth."


And also, do I need to point out... they use one of A Bitchin' Kitchen's favorite ingredients- pumpkin! (original recipe found here- I played with the spices a bit because I did not have ginger, and I also used half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips)

What you will need:
 
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
nonstick cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
 
Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl beat the butter until smooth. Add in the sugars, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then add in the vanilla, and pumpkin. In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Add in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by tablespoons and bake for 15- 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks and then devour.

3 comments:

  1. pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. How amazing do those look and sound! I am definitely going to make these. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound divine! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these cookies and frost them with cream cheese frosting! YUM , they are my favorate also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio