Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Posted by: Maggie

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all stuffed yourselves silly with delicious food and had a great time with whoever you spent the day with.


Annie and I (and our 18 year old sister Emma) spent Thursday at our Dad's place where we had a traditional dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread casserole, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberries, rolls, and "heavenly hash." For those of you not familiar with heavenly hash, it's what some families call "ambrosia." To me, that just sounds like a cleaning product, so I prefer the alternate name.  It's basically a combination of sour cream, whipped cream, marshmallows, pineapple, and shredded coconut.  It's awesome, trust me.

Annie made pumpkin pie bars for dessert, and I made the cornbread casserole and sweet potatoes.  Unfortunately, in our eagerness to sit down to dinner I quickly snapped what turned out to be very poor photos of both those dishes.  I'll probably make both of those recipes again this winter, so I'll wait to post them when I have a decent photo. 

Friday morning we had a delicious brunch at my Mom's place.  She made baked french toast, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and sausage gravy, egg casserole (it was almost like a quiche but without crust), and an amazing cranberry coffee cake.  I'm a huge fan of breakfast food so this was right up my alley.  It was my Mom's first time making sausage gravy and it turned out awesome.  After I recover from the two massive meals I ate on Thursday and Friday I'll definitely be getting the recipe to make for Jeff and post it here! 

Also, since no good brunch is complete without cocktails, we had bloody mary's and mimosas.  No, I was not drinking both of these at once...how dare you suggest such a thing.  *Ahem*


 I hope you all enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!  Check back soon for new recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge heavenly hash/ambrosia fan myself ... although a friend introduced us to a pistachio version last summer that we all really liked ... I made homemade pomegranate marshmallows a few weeks ago and was thinking it would be cool to use those in a batch. :) Sounds like you all had a nice holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio