Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with White Wine Sauce


Posted by: Annie

Can you tell I love chicken, especially when it is served over pasta? The other day I realized that since I moved to Philadelphia and started to always make my own meals, I have yet to buy/eat red meat! I have strictly been eating chicken and the occasional seafood dish! I really must start branching out my meat selections! Anyway, this dish was easy and quick but tasted like it took hours! (Original Recipe found here)

What You Will Need:

1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked broccoli florets
1 package whole wheat angel hair pasta

White Wine Sauce:
4 cloves minced garlic
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp crushed red pepper
4 tbsp butter (divided)
1.5 tsp Kosher salt

In a large zip-lock bag combine chicken, breadcrumbs and cheese and shake to coat chicken. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Brown on all sides until thoroughly cooked and remove from heat. 

Cook angel hair according to package directions. Set aside.
Mix broccoli, chicken and pasta. Cover and set aside.

In a small saucepan mix garlic, wine and broth and bring to a boil. Heat until reduced by half and whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Add salt and red pepper. Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.

7 comments:

  1. Good recipe! Added flour to sauce (did 1/3 of butter called for in sauce with equal parts flour- I doubled the sauce so it came to 3 T butter and 3 T flour).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made the sauce from this recipe, but halved it, and only put in 1 tbsp. butter, and it was still delicious. I also threw in mushrooms and diced tomatoes at the last minute, and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail May 31,2012
    I had a dish somewhat like this in a wonderful italian restaurant in Pensylvania. I have been looking for a recipe and I tell you this is it. I made this and my husband and myself raved about it. It is delicious and oh so simple. I put in a few diced fresh tomatoes also. Will certainly make this again and especially for my company and friends. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I have been searching on line for over an hour, and this is exactly what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband used to make this for me... he knew it was my favorite. I am so glad that I found this recipe. I now can make it for myself... (Husband passed away some time ago). Maybe thats why I found this recipe so close to Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate! So glad that you can keep his memory alive through this recipe! :)

      Delete
  6. My husband cooked this tonight and it was very good. It had a nice after-bite from the crushed red pepper, but it was not over bearing. We will definitely cook it again. It was such a pretty dish, I texted a picture of it to my family. Thanks, Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio