Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken with Portabella Mushroom Cream Sauce


Posted by: Annie

I am finally back on my feet after an awful, gross, yucky sickness. As a first-year teacher I have been introduced to lots of new ideas, teaching techniques and worst of all GERMS! Despite constant purell-ing and hand washing and lysoling of desks in my classroom, I got the flu- BAD. Of course it could not be a normal flu- no, it was a flu that landed me in the hospital like one of those mystery illnesses on the show "House"- complete with multiple doctors and scans and ultrasounds trying to figure out what was making me sick. After an eleven-hour visit in the emergency room they were no closer to finding what was making me sick and I was sent home. For the next four days I lived off of chicken soup, sprite zero and instant Netflix. (thank God for Roku) and slowly regained my strength. (Can you tell I am a baby when I'm sick? I also had my parents pick me up from Philly so I could spend my weekend infecting their homes with my lovely germs).


Anyway, since I have recovered I have been FAMISHED. I cannot stop eating. On Friday, I went to Chipotle with my little sister, finished my veggie burrito in approximately seven minutes and then proceeded to eat the quarter of a chicken burrito left on my sister's plate. On Saturday, I REQUESTED that my boyfriend take me to Outback, and on Sunday I ate too much junk to even write about. That being said, I needed to start this week off with something a little more wholesome. This recipe is from Campbell's Kitchen and is a definite keeper. It would probably be delicious served over egg noodles or rice, however I had left over hash brown casserole (like I said- LOTS of eating), and I did not want even more carbs on my plate.
 
What You Will Need:


4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces sliced and washed baby portabella mushrooms
4 green onions (1/2 cup)
1 cup Chicken Stock
1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
parsley for garnish (optional)


Sprinkle the chicken breasts with pepper evenly on both sides. Next, coat the chicken with flour.
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over high heat. Add in the chicken and brown well on both sides. Mix in the mushrooms and onions and cook until soft (approximately 7-9 minutes)
Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for an additionally 5 minutes. Mix in the peppers and sour cream and heat thoroughly. Garnish with parsley.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you were so sick. That is a bummer for sure. Little kids are a petrie dish for germs. This recipe looks very easy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie & Annie..
    Thnks for stopping by.I m glad that you liked the cookies.If you plan to make them I have slightly adjusted the recipe as per feedback from readers and added more stepwise pictures too.so you can refer it.I wish you good health.This sauce looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being sick SUCKS!! This meal looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you're funny. Glad you're feeling better!

    The chicken sounds great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio