Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BBQ Salmon


Posted by: Annie

I almost feel silly posting this recipe because it was SO simple and did not require many ingredients. However, it was so delicious and reminiscent of summer I figured I would share! I was still recovering from my Alfredo binge from the other day and was incredibly tempted by the leftovers in the fridge, but opted for a piece of salmon and some fresh sauteed spinach instead. (I only sulked about not eating Alfredo for like ten minutes - I also stared at a pint of Wegmans Dark Chocolate Ice Cream for a good five minutes, but thoughts of Florida sadly kept me focused.) I cooked this using my grill/panini maker that I received from my dad for Christmas. I did not close the lid to use as a panini maker, I simply used the grill plates like you would use a normal grill.

What you will need:
1 skinless salmon filet (about 6 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons BBQ seasoning (I used McCormick's Grill Mates brand)

Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Pour olive oil into a medium sized bowl. Place the salmon in the bowl and coat thoroughly with the oil. Dump in BBQ seasoning and using your hands rub into the oiled fish. Place salmon on preheated grill plates and cook for approximately six minutes per side, until the fish flakes when pulled with a fork.

2 comments:

  1. This salmon looks great!

    I love my little indoor grill/sandwich maker. I grill tofu on it all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been getting some killer wild caught Sockeye in at our local grocer. Will do up this recipe - switching out for Draper's AP rub!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio