Friday, April 15, 2011

Garlic Shrimp



Posted by: Maggie

I have another quick and easy dinner for you today! 

I wanted something healthy, since DC is going to be unpleasantly hot and humid in approximately one month, and I am in no way ready for anything skin revealing. Much to my dismay, jeans and cozy sweaters cannot be comfortably worn in DC year round. If I had it my way, November weather would last all year, and I'd never have to reveal my pasty appendages in sundresses (I don't do shorts. Seriously, I own zero pairs.) Unfortunately it's not November year round, and if I'm going to wear all the new sundresses I bought I'm going to have to break out some healthy foods for the time being. 

As much as I love food blogs that encourage me to stuff my face with copious amounts of bacon, peanut butter, chocolate, animal fat, and frosting, I also enjoy quite a few health conscious blogs, particularly Gina's Skinny Recipes.  She makes all of her diet friendly fare look and sound so downright delicious I often forget I'm reading a healthy blog. 

I settled on the garlic shrimp from Gina's website, since I ate the leftover lemon linguine for lunch back on Tuesday when I made this, and wanted something a bit more protein heavy for dinner. I ate these shrimp by themselves, but I imagine they'd also be great on a salad, or over rice. 

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 pound large shrimp, washed, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Paprika
Salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley 
Lime wedges for serving

In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute until golden, about 1-2 minutes. This will burn really easily, so keep an eye on it. Add shrimp to pan, and season with salt and paprika.  Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through, stirring frequently. 

Transfer shrimp to a bowl, and stir in parsley. 

Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Ladies,
    Love this recipe! And yes it's perfect for pre-summer to help you stay trim. On that note, I'm starting a "sexy by summer" fitness challenge on my blog. It starts Monday. Come visit! Also, I'd like to share some of your recipes with my readers.

    Take care,
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect shrimp. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. i could definitely go for some of this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. A pretty simple recipe, but so delicious. These would also be great on skewers for barbecuing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio