Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pasta Alfredo

Posted by: Annie

In six days, I am heading to sunny Florida to visit Harry Potter World (woo!) and Disney World. The weather forecast looks beautiful and hotel pool-worthy. Obviously tonight I was thinking of being in a bathing suit when I decided to make Alfredo sauce for dinner. (Hello health food for the upcoming week!)
Alfredo sauce and I go way back. I still remember being a little girl celebrating my 11th birthday in The Olive Garden, and ordering a big adult sized portion of fettuccine alfredo. And I still remember wanting to punch our waitress when she commented "You ate all that? Most adults can't even finish this dish." Ha! I showed her with my alfredo eating skills.

Today, my stomach is older and is a little more sensitive to heavy sauces, but alfredo remains a favorite. I served this sauce over whole wheat linguine.

What you will need:
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups fresh 
Salt and pepper

1 pound of your favorite pasta

Cook pasta according to directions on package.
In a medium saute pan, melt butter. When the butter has melted, add in garlic and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.  Cook an additional five minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Add in cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the cooked pasta and enjoy!

Source: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio