Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Best Ever Potato Salad



Posted by: Annie


I have always been somewhat close minded about potato salad that does not come from my mom's kitchen.  I have always preferred my mom's classic potato salad, and had little interest in exploring other varieties - until now. About two weeks ago, we hosted a party at my house for my roommate's birthday. We were having a cookout, and I immediately thought that the first cookout of the season must have potato salad.

I remembered reading on Brown Eyed Baker about a potato salad that involved bacon drippings, and decided I would venture out of my safe potato salad bubble and make a new dish. Let's just say, I am no longer only loyal to my mom's potato salad (sorry ma!)

Bacon drippings combined with red potatoes all sorts of deliciousness completely won me over.

What you'll need:

4 cups cubed red potatoes
10 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped

Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to be pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and put aside. While the potatoes are boiling, fry the bacon in a skillet over medium low heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Pour out all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Stir in the sugar, mayo, mustard, and salt and whisk together. In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, and green pepper.  Mix in the dressing, and stir well to coat all the ingredients. Finally, mix in the bacon. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours before serving.

Source

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to try this! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio