Monday, July 18, 2011

Spinach Dip



Posted by: Maggie

Happy Monday!

Not.

Please pardon my attitude...it is hot as sin here in DC today, which makes me unreasonably grumpy. In honor of this miserable weather, I present to you a recipe that requires no stove, no oven, and no microwave.

Those of you who have been reading A Bitchin' Kitchen for awhile may remember that I shared a recipe for Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip back around Christmas. Hot spinach dip will always be my personal favorite, but this cold version of spinach dip is so simple and delicious that it deserves a place on the blog as well. It uses a packet of salad dressing mix, so any readers who are strictly against packaged stuff like that may want to avert their eyes now, and come back for Wednesday's very homemade recipe! (Hint: It is in celebration of National Ice Cream Month!)

Here's what you'll need for about 2 cups of dip:

2 packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and thoroughly wrung out (I used my potato ricer to wring out the spinach and it worked like a charm!)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 packet ranch salad dressing mix
Pinch of nutmeg
2 scallions, green parts chopped

In a medium bowl, combine the wrung out spinach and scallions. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the mayonnaise, salad dressing mix, and nutmeg. Add the dressing mix to the spinach mix, stir together, and chill until you're ready to serve. Tastes best when served with crackers, tortilla chips, or a spoon!

Source: My lovely Mom!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite dips. I always order it at restaurants! I bet homemade is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM I love a good spinach dip! I serve it every time I host a party! Thanks for the recipe!

    We are your newest followers! Cannot wait for more posts! I love love love the name of your blog btw :)

    Love,

    http://chickswholovetoeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio