Monday, August 22, 2011

Creamsicle Cookies



Posted by: Maggie


Before I talk about these cookies, can I just mention how difficult it was to get that darn orange sliver to balance on top of the cookie stack? I must have replaced it about 10 times while trying to snap a photo. Oh, the trials and tribulations of food photography.

I've had these cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything bookmarked for quite some time now, and am so glad I finally made them. I thought that a recipe reminiscent of an ice cream truck favorite would be the perfect way to start wrapping up summertime, since it is (finally) almost over. It has been years since I've had a creamsicle, but the flavors of this cookie bring me right back to childhood.

Here's what you'll need:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Zest of 2 oranges
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Lastly, mix in orange zest and white chocolate chips.

Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls, and bake for 8 minutes or until just golden around the edges. I got 29 medium sized cookies out of this recipe.

Printer-friendly
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything who got it from Baked Perfection

8 comments:

  1. Great great picture! The recipe looks so yummy. Cannot wait to try it out. Come over and visit. We have a wonderful tomatoe pie today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pic...They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh yes...food photography, aint it grand? Here is a good trick for balancing things like that. Stick a toothpick down into the cook and leave enough sticking out so the orange can rest against it.
    These look divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made some creamsicle cupcakes a while back, but these look awesome as well! I usually shy away from white chocolate, but I've seen several creamsicle-related recipes that use white chocolate - perhaps I'll have to give it a try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should make these for my dad who is a huge creamsicle fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making these this weekend. Made Creamsicle fudge and it was a big hit. May use orange extract instead of vanilla instead. Can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute .. sounds so delicious .. like it .. thanks for sharing.. love it ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies are amazing! I made them for my boyfriend for a surprise, he took some to his family and they gobbled them down like they hadn't seen food in years. Looks like this recipe will be a repeat in my kitchen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio