Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Miranda Lambert's Raspberry-Lemon-Yogurt Bread



Posted by: Maggie

When I saw this recipe over on Kelly's site last week, I knew that I had to make it before summer was over.  I adore the combination of tart citrus and juicy berries - possibly even more than I like chocolate. I know, blasphemy. But come on, in the summer I want to be refreshed, not weighed down by rich, heavy (albeit delicious) chocolate.


The fact that this recipe comes from one of my favorite country stars of all-time made this bread even more appealing. Apparently, Miranda Lambert is quite the cook, and shared this recipe with Self Magazine in a recent issue. Now that I know she has delicious recipes like this in her cooking arsenal, I think Miranda needs to take some time off from recording awesome music and hanging out with her hot husband to write a cookbook!

If you're not familiar with Miranda Lambert, please watch this immediately, so that you too can become a fan:




Now that that's out of the way, here's what you'll need for one delicious loaf of bread:

Vegetable oil cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fat-free lemon yogurt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
Grated zest of one lemon (tip: I recently discovered that it's much easier to zest organic lemons. The skin is less bumpy, and as an added bonus you're not ingesting pesticides!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
2 cups raspberries (I used frozen, but feel free to use fresh)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray your loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, melted butter, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon extract. Stir together to thoroughly combine. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture, and stir to combine. Don't over-mix or the bread will be tough. I didn't even use my mixer for this recipe - just a spoon! In a separate bowl, toss raspberries with the reserved 1 tablespoon of sugar. Gently fold raspberries into the batter. Scrape batter evenly into the loaf pan, and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until the top springs back when you gently touch it.

Printer-friendly
Source: Adapted from Eat Yourself Skinny

6 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe :)It must be delicious!! ^^ i'd like to try but unfortunately, lemon yogurt doesnt exist in my country :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Did you use the frozen raspberries straight from the freezer or did you thaw them first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love her too and I am watching the video just for fun after I tell you how wonderful this bread looks. Cannot wai to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie - straight from the freezer! I think if you thawed them it might make the bread soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made this a few times. It's such a lovely recipe. Love Miranda, love the bread - it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio