Monday, August 15, 2011

Spicy Roasted Chicken Wings


Posted by: Annie

Hello.  My name is Annie, and I have been absent from this blog since July 4th.  I have been a terrible co-blogger to Maggie, and vow to get back in the blogging game!  My absence from the blog world has been due to my recent move from Philadelphia back to New Jersey, and also due to the hardships of my summer job that requires me to take the two best kids to the pool or beach every day. I know - tough life.  I also have moved back in with my mom, and have had to adapt to her kitchen, and cooking and baking on her turf! Ok, excuse time is over.

This past weekend Scott and I spent a lovely day at Ocean Grove beach, and spent the evening making Pioneer Woman's amazing wings, roasted red potatoes, corn on the cob, and devouring a loaf of french bread. I will say this, the wings were outstanding, the meat literally fell off the bone, and the skin was crispy and so flavorful.  Make these now!!!!

 Here's what you'll need:

24 chicken wings
2 sticks salted butter
1 tablespoon Morton's hot salt
1/2 cup lemon juice

First, clean and pat dry your chicken wings. Set aside. Next, in a medium sauce pan, melt butter and then stir in seasoning and lemon juice. Using tongs, dip each wing into the sauce and place on a baking sheet. I placed a cooling rack on top of my baking sheet, which I think    really upped the crisp factor. After all the wings have been dipped in the butter mixture, take the remaining butter and use a pastry brush to give them one last coating. Sprinkle the wings with a little more seasoning. Roast the wings in the oven at 400 degrees, for approximately thirty minutes. Half-way through cooking, flip the wings and give them an extra coating of butter and seasonings if desired. Place the finished wings under the broiler for a few minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.

Printer-friendly
Source: The Pioneer Woman

6 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back. Your wings look and sound delicious.I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, everything is better with butter. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the recipe is soo simple and those wings look soo yummy! hope to see you around more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! I love chicken wings & these ones look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! I love wings...great recipe. That would be excellent on the grill too. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I was wondering did you use 24 whole wings or 24 party wings for this recipe. If you used 24 whole wings I gathered you had 48 pieces of wings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio