Monday, October 10, 2011

Petit Pains au Chocolate


Posted by: Annie

I can't pronounce the name of this dessert. I could awkwardly say "petit pains au chocolate" when I started baking these delicious pastries. But then, I acted like an impatient child and I bit one of these delicious bundles of chocolate in half as soon as it came out of a 400 degree oven, and proceeded to burn every taste bud off my tongue.

So now, I can't really taste anything, let alone say fancy French names. Don't worry though, I will not let my burnt taste buds get in the way of me eating approximately four more pains au chocolate before dinner!

What you will need:

Two sheets puff pastry (1 17.3 ounce package), thawed, and each sheet cut into 12 squares
1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
4 3.5 ounce semisweet chocolate or milk chocolate bars cut into 6, 2 x 3/4 inch pieces
Granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Brush each puff pastry square with egg wash. Place a chocolate in a corner, and roll up dough, covering the chocolate. Pinch edges together to seal the chocolate inside. Repeat with the remaining dough and chocolate. Place the prepared pastries on the baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown.

Cool on a wire baking rack. Dust lightly with powdered sugar before serving.

Printer-friendly
Source: Epicurious

5 comments:

  1. Yum, looks delicious. I've burned my tongue way too many times cause I just can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh you reminded me of my breakfasts in Paris! I soo miss these pastries with my morning coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious. I'm going to be trying these this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burnt tastebuds are the worst.. Hope you get to taste them properly soon, as they look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh ohhhhh yum! I want these now. I wish I wasn't going on vacation this weekend so i could make them Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio