Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie & Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar

Posted by: Annie

While I was making these brownies, I couldn't help but be reminded of the SNL skit "Taco Town." The skit is a parody of a commercial for a chain taco restaurant, and advertises the most ridiculous taco ever. The taco ultimately ends up wrapped in a blueberry pancake and deep-fried. For your viewing pleasure (and so I don't seem like I'm totally crazy) I have included a link:



As tempting as it was, I did not roll these brownies in a pancake and deep fry them. But, these brownies, like the taco town tacos, are truly three great tastes all rolled into one. When you make these brownies you can't help but relate to the taco town commercial as you are pouring a layer of brownie batter on top of an entire package of double stuffed Oreos, that are sitting on a layer of chocolate chip cookie batter...you get what I mean.

When Scott walked in and saw these brownies, he immediately had to try them - despite the fact that they had only been out of the oven for like ten minutes. Needless to say, he was floored. He may have even been speechless - maybe because his mouth was full of hot brownie, but seriously they are amazing. I also went a little "taco town" on these brownies and put additional hot fudge sauce on top - so, so, worth it!

What you will need:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package double stuffed Oreos
2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix - I chose Ghirardelli Double Chocolate
1/4 cup hot fudge

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Butter a 9x13 baking dish, then line with parchment paper and generously butter the paper.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for approximately four minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Lower the speed, and gradually mix in the flour, until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared dish. Top the cookie dough with a layer of Oreos.

Next, prepare brownie mixes according to package directions. Mix in hot fudge sauce. Pour brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos, and spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes. Let brownies cool completely before cutting. Serve with additional hot fudge topping if desired.

Printer-friendly
Source: Brown Eyed Baker

20 comments:

  1. Taco Town...hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy schmoly those look awesome! i feel like i gained all my holiday weight looking at these... but they'd be so worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel that I am gaining now just looking at the photo lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the Brownies from this recipe yesterday between me and my wife we ended up finishing the plate! they are truly lovely.. Dont think i will be making them again any time soon though they are way to addictive! i will end up having to buy all my clothes from http://www.biggerland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie and Annie -I got your cookie swap Monster cookies. They were absolutely fun and even more delicious! Thank you so much for my first holiday gift! I hope you also get some amazing cookies in return and have a wonderful Christmas! Alison at rdrwr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so bad yet sooo good :) I am adding this to my holiday baking list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. baha, taco town made me laugh. :D

    I can think of a few people in my circle who would go totally ballistic for these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie these sound and look absolutely amazing! any left?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi there anonymous -

      Not sure what your question is? If you clarify we'll try and help!

      Delete
  10. Do you think I could make a quickie version using already-made cookie dough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I haven't tried it, but feel free to experiment!

      Delete
  11. made this....best dessert ever!! so delicious! and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you talking 2 9x13 brownie mixes or 8x8? Big difference there. Sound really good but don't want too much brownie. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanne, sorry for the delayed reply! My sister posted this recipe back when we used to share this blog, but I believe she's referring to 8x8 mixes. I clicked through to the original recipe that called for 1 9x13 mix, so you could most likely use either (meaning, 1 9x13 or 2 8x8)

      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  13. I think I will make this for an upcoming American Cancer Society bake sale! Fairly certain they will be a BIG HIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What do you mean by 2 sticks butter? Butter comes in the long sticks or the short, mini sticks. Also, is regular brown sugar ok, or does it have to be dark brown sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey, you need 1 cup of butter total (two 1/2 cup sticks). Regular brown sugar will work.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio