Thursday, January 26, 2012

Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza with Fig Jam and Arugula

Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza with Fig Jam and Arugula

Posted by: Maggie

It just took me about 7 hours to write the name of this post, because I couldn't figure out how to properly stuff all the goodness of this pizza into the title.  

Therefore, this is going to be a short post, with none of my usual rambling.

I will just leave you with this:

Goat cheese, good.
Jam, good.
Prosciutto, gooooood.

Here's what you'll need:

For the crust: (Makes a lot of dough, you'll use 1/4 of it for this recipe) 

1 teaspoon active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

For the toppings:

Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
5-6 tablespoons fig jam or preserves (I found this in the fancy cheese section, not in the jam section)
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1 ounce prosciutto, torn (about 2 slices)
Kosher salt, to taste
1 handful of arugula (I have man hands, so let's call this one LARGE handful)

To make the crust, sprinkle the yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour and salt. Turn the mixer on low speed, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil, until it is combined with the flour. Next, slowly pour in the yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.

Coat a large mixing bowl with olive oil, and transfer the dough to the bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and transfer to the fridge to rise for at least 24 hours.

When it's time to assemble your pizza, divide the dough into 4 equal portions, and stick 3 portions back in the fridge for another time. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees while you're at it. Rub a small baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch your dough out into an awkward hybrid of an oval/rectangle, and place it on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle the dough with olive oil. Next, smear the fig preserves on, followed by the goat cheese, prosciutto, and a light sprinkling of kosher salt.

Bake in preheated oven to 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing, and top with arugula immediately before serving.

Printer-friendly
Source: crust recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman, and toppings are from yours truly, but they really aren't a unique concept.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a flavor explosion pizza!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey did you know that you have to press the submit button twice when commenting on your blog? Weird..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A place I worked at had a pizza similar to this and I LOVED it. Thanks for sharing! Now I can recreated it at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks amazing. I grew a batch of arugula last summer, and found that the best way to use it was on a pizza with procuitto. I need to try it again this the figs and goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. L-o-v-e the recipe. Made it myself many times before, but I just forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! Love your blog and your photos. You're really talented.
    But I seem to remember that the pioneer woman uses the same combo in one of her pizza's. Like ... exactly the same. Anywayz. Nice photo, nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @notyourmamasdinner

    Just googled it! Thanks for the heads up. She adds her prosciutto after baking it - I'm going to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be putting goat cheese on everything lately as I can't get enough of it. I can't wait to try your pizza as it looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that sounds extraordinary. I love sweet and tangy combinations on pizza, well, frankly, on anything! Looks delicious and I bet it was so tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, this looks absolutely delicious!! I love fancy schmancy pizzas like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of my favorite ingredients all in one dish - looks like a huge crowd pleaser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio