Friday, January 20, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies


Posted by: Annie

Isn't there some saying that every seven years your taste buds change? Maggie and my mom are constantly mystified/annoyed with me because in their opinion, the list of foods I eat and don't eat is constantly changing. Unfortunately, about two months ago my taste buds decided I didn't like cheesecake. What? It's not like I had even eaten cheesecake recently, it's just that the idea of cheesecake was grossing me out. 

Now I can accept my taste buds fickleness to some less desirable foods, but cheesecake is a dessert I need to like. Well, these Oreo cheesecake cookies brought my love of cheesecake back to life. The cookie combination reminds me of a cookie and cream cheesecake, and I hope now that cheesecake will stay on my like list for a bit longer - at least until I eat all the cookies.

What you will need:

1 stick butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
1 cup Oreo crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth.

Mix in sugar and vanilla and beat on medium until combined.

Stir in flour until incorporated.

Using a rubber spatula, stir in chocolate chips.

Place Oreo crumbs in a small bowl. Roll the dough into 1.5 to 2 inch balls and coat in Oreo mixture.

Place on cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.

Printer-friendly
Source: Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

8 comments:

  1. Whaaaa? Thats just not right. Is someone trying to punish you and make you not like cheesecake anymore????
    The cookies sounds down right delis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!These look so inviting and very interesti ng. I have never seen cookies like these before. Thank you for visiting my blog and leading me here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oreos. I love cheesecake. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies would make me a happier person! haha I LOVE cheesecake and I looove cookies! Great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dish looks great! I would love it if you linked up this recipe to my comfort foods blog hop for a chance to win a Wilton donut pan: http://bit.ly/yMcu5R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhh uhhhhh, ummmmm, oh, sorry personal response to the photo, so making this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You say to mix in the sugar twice, did you mean to put cream cheese?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio