Monday, January 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies


Posted by: Annie

These brownies almost didn’t happen - but I am oh so glad they did. Last weekend, Scott and I moved into our first place together! Super exciting, super fun, but also SUPER exhausting. I designated Wednesday as my first free opportunity to bake and I set forth to make Peanut Butter & Nutella brownies. Well, the universe was certainly working against me.

First, I realized that I did not have baking soda (woes of moving into a new place - baking staples need to be replaced,) so I had to stop at the food store on my way home. I arrived home, put on How I Met Your Mother, began to bake and finally began to relax… and then I realized I did not have any eggs. I literally sat on the floor of my kitchen in defeat (or maybe because we don’t have a kitchen table yet) and briefly considered giving up on my brownies, but decided that it was a waste of perfectly good ingredients, so I bundled back up and went out to the store. 
When I arrived at the store I ended up buying not only eggs, but American cheese and beer?? I took my eggs and impulse purchases home and finished mixing up the brownie batter, to only realize that I had greased a 9x13 pan, did not have my 8x8 pan and the recipe clearly was made for a smaller pan…
At this point I stomped around and was debating cooking my brownies in a sauce pan (just kidding - sorta,) and then realized that duh… I could just double my recipe.
So, many issues later, I give to you Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies!

What you will need:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup nutella 
1/4 cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Next, grease a 8x8 baking pan or line with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Next, in a large bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in eggs individually, and then add vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
In a small microwaveable bowl, melt Nutella and peanut butter (approximately thirty seconds) until runny. Fold into brownie batter.
Transfer batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting. 
Source: Adapted from Food Fondness 

17 comments:

  1. Ohhh Annie..These look yummy. I made Nutella brownies..like 4 years ago and I remember them being super delish. Congrats on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when recipes are such a struggle, but these totally look worth it! Congratulations on your new move. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - perhaps THE MOST AWESOME use of Nutella I have EVER seen! :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome!! I'll have to try them with SunButter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! Nutella and peanut butter are probably the best combination ever! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just put a batch into the oven... If the brownies are as amazing as the batter, we'll be in good shape! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing! I love Nutella and peanut butter! That was some determination, I know I would have giving up after no baking soda. Congrats on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made these- doubled the ingredients for a bigger batch (coworkers) and baked in a foil pan- brownies always come out better in a foil pan- no idea why. But just had the first one and they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Planning to make these today :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honest to goodness, THE BEST BROWNIES ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. And they stay soft for days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will they be okay of I forgot to add the cocoa powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith - I imagine they will be significantly less chocolatey - I wouldn't skip that ingredient.

      Delete
  12. Sooo good!! Ran out of vanilla though.... Who does that really. I did substitute it for almond still very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think I could forgo the chocolate chips...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wouldn't - brownies are best when they're made with chocolate chips or melted chocolate in conjunction with cocoa powder. I don't think they'll taste bad, they just won't be anything special.

      Delete
  14. Another great brownie recipe that I will have to try..I think I also haven't got 8x8 baking form.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio