Thursday, February 9, 2012

Brie and Bacon Quiche


Posted by: Maggie

Sooo, Valentine's Day is next Tuesday, as I'm sure you're all aware. 

I totally neglected coming up with a Valentine's themed dessert to share with you, and definitely won't have time to do so in the next 5 days.

May I offer you a quiche instead? Eggs, cream, bacon, and copious amounts of cheese are romantic, right?

If you disagree, may I suggest making these red velvet cupcakes instead? Perhaps some mini-raspberry swirl cheesecakes? Maybe some chocolate cherry cookies? All thoroughly delicious options.

If you're not here for a Valentine's Day treat, let's move along and talk about this quiche. I bookmarked this recipe last spring, and finally got around to making it last week. Hellooooo, best quiche ever. I know quiche has a reputation as chick food for some reason, but Jeff loved this. He mumbled something through bites about calling it meat and egg pie instead, so if you're serving this to anti-quiche men, feel free to change the name.

Here's what you'll need:

1 frozen deep-dish pie crust, pre-baked if instructed (I didn't pre-bake mine)
4 ounces Brie, rind removed if desired, cubed
4 ounces Swiss cheese, diced
10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
6 large eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash each nutmeg, salt, and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the pie crust on a small baking sheet. Evenly place cheeses in the bottom of the pie crust. Layer crumbled bacon on the top. Beat the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and pour into the pie crust. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.

Printer-friendly
Source: Tasty Kitchen

12 comments:

  1. Oh I would be completely happy with eating this quiche for v day. It looks like a thing of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Quiche and Brie cheese.. I'm coming to your house for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quiche and my fiance does, too (thank goodness!). And I LOVE the idea of a quiche with brie!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh yum...I would have neve rethought to put brie in my quiche! yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. I've never had it with brie before but I bet it adds a really nice flavor. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - all of my favorite foods wrapped into one - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your blog :)
    Please, please take a look @ mine!! Your support is needed and appreciated! :) I follow back.

    Have a great weekend!
    Best Wishes from the Classic+Glam Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I die. Good gracious, I already have a Valentine's day recipe planned, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to find another reason to get my fingers on this quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This quiche looks absolutely amazing and I am going to make it for my mom on mothers day! I just had a few questions....what size pan did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a store bought crust so I'm not exactly sure what size it was - I'd guess probably 9 inches. If it helps, I always use the Mrs. Smith's brand deep-dish crust that comes in a pack of 2 in the freezer section! Enjoy!

      - Maggie

      Delete
    2. ok thanks for replying!!

      Delete
  10. This quiche was absolutely delicious. The brie added a little something extra, and you can never go wrong with bacon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio