Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl Recipe Roundup!


Posted by: Maggie

Hurray! The Super Bowl is this Sunday, which means it's the end of football 'til the fall, which also means that I get the undivided attention of my boyfriend again. I have lots of fun activities planned to fill our now empty Sundays, such as, hand holding, meaningful talks about our feelings, and long walks on short piers.

Errr, not that we really spent Sundays during football season together anyway. He usually hauls ass out of here at noon on Sundays to watch football on his comically oversized television back at his place. And we probably won't be spending Sundays together even now that football is over, because there's surely some other sport that he'll be watching, like hockey, or synchronized swimming, or badminton.

Oh well. I can't hate on football too much since like I said before, the Super Bowl is a day to watch funny commercials and eat good food. Therefore, I wanted to give you a list of some snacks, dips, and football friendly food we've posted in the past that would be perfect for game day!

Baba Ghanoush  (<--Reminds me of a random reference in one of my fave movies, see 2:49)
Beef and Bean Chili 
Chipotle Chicken Drumsticks
Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Hummus
Onion Dip
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Spicy Roasted Chicken Wings
Spinach Dip (Cold)
Spinach Dip (Hot) (<--My version of heaven involves a spinach dip pond, and a canoe made from a baguette)
Sweet and Sour Meatballs 
Sweet Potato Chips
Taco Dip
Warm Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip (<--Worst food photo EVER, but deeeeelicious)

What are you planning on making for the Super Bowl? Share in the comments; I always need new appetizer/dip/snack ideas!

6 comments:

  1. this is a great roundup! hope y'all have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I like football if for the food! :)
    Yummy roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling, I married a sports fanatic and every weekend there is some game that must be watched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipes!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a round up of deliciousness indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio