Monday, August 6, 2012

Broiled Tilapia with Mustard-Chive Sauce

broiled tilapia with mustard-chive sauce

If you need a healthy dinner that is lick-your-plate amazing, put this on your menu NOW.

I made this a few weeks ago on an obscenely hot day when I was craving something light and summery for dinner. While you do need to heat up your kitchen to broil the fish and roast the asparagus, the end result is so healthy and fresh that I think this is the perfect summer meal. Although...I will say that I am completely ready for summer to be over. I was at the grocery store a few hours ago, and they already had pumpkin beers on the shelf! I am counting down the days to sweaters, cold weather, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin beers, and pumpkin pies.

In the meantime, make this...but be sure to crank the AC down to about 65 degrees first.

For the fish:

Cooking spray
2 (5-6 ounce) tilapia fillets 
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Kosher salt and black pepper

For the sauce: 

3 tablespoons low-fat greek yogurt
1 teaspoon honey 
1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard 
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 tablespoons finely minced chives 
Salt and pepper, to taste 

Allow the fish to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking. Preheat the broiler, and spray a small glass baking dish with cooking spray. Drizzle the tilapia fillets with olive oil on both sides, and rub it in so the fish is evenly coated. Place in the baking dish in a single layer, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 

Cook under the preheated broiler for 6-8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. 

While the fish is cooking, make the sauce. Mix the yogurt, honey, and dijon in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the lemon juice and chives, and season to taste with salt and pepper. 

After fish is done, transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with the sauce. Delicious served with roasted asparagus

Recipe adapted from: Giada De Laurentiis via Food Network

10 comments:

  1. I knew this was from a Giada recipe! lol I clearly have gone through her cookbooks too many times. This looks fantastic! Love your picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I'll definitely try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlll.. That looks perfect for a light and fresh summer meal. I've been trying to eat more greek yogurt and I would have never thought to make a sauce out of it for fish. Thanks for the great recipe. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I definitely think it will probably strike some people as a weird combination, but it worked out really well!

      Delete
  4. Hey lady!! Thanks for your comments - I had to come over here and check out your adorable blog!! So stinking cute. Also, delish recipe - I need to try this one asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Can't wait to try. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio