Thursday, August 16, 2012

Garlicky-Lemon Chickpea Salad

Chickpea Salad

Do you guys ever visit the site WorldsHealthiestFoods.com? I'm not a health nut by any stretch of the imagination (in case you didn't realize that from the eleventy billion cupcake recipes on here...) but I'm kind of obsessed with looking up foods on there and learning precisely why they're good for you.

They have this list of the 127 healthiest foods, and I was excited to realize that every ingredient in this recipe is on the list! Better yet, this healthy recipe actually tasted good, and made for a quick, filling, and easy mid-week lunch.

I plan to promptly undo this healthy choice this weekend when my sister and her gentleman-friend are in town. Wings, cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, and beer are in my near future!

By the way - if you guys are into this recipe, you may also like this bacon parmesan chickpea salad that I posted almost a year ago. In case you couldn't tell from the title, that recipe would not be a contender for the world's healthiest foods list!

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 large pinch crushed red chili pepper flakes
1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir in chickpeas until evenly coated. Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, and enjoy!

Source: Eat Yourself Skinny
Printer-friendly

9 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a chickpea person but I totally want to give this a try! And I'll def have to check out that healthy list. I've been indulging a lot lately since Jason has been home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys and their stupid metabolisms are total diet killers, aren't they?!

      Delete
  2. I have been addicted to chickpeas lately! Gotta try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw on your most recent post earlier that you're trying to eat clean - I don't know all the rules of that way of eating, but I have a feeling this would count!

      Delete
  3. i love chickpeas, i love garlic and I LOOOVE lemon, so this is right up my alley. how cool that everything is on the world's healthiest foods list - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. garlic & chickpeas - yes please!!!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chickpea salads are so tasty and easy to whip up - your version sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to try this Garlicky-Lemon Chickpea Salad . It looks health and delicious as well. I'll put this on my healthy food list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is certainly a great information about healthy foods. It's always good to eat foods that are good to our body in order for us to have a healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio