Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Avocado-Goat Cheese Toast


I know you guys might think I'm crazy right now.

I feel crazy for passing off a couple slices of toast smeared with a concoction that took 2 minutes to whip up as a blog post.

Hear me out.

I have seen avocado toast all over Instagram, Pinterest, and various blogs. As delicious as it looked, and as much as I love avocado, I was never really enticed to try this combination until I saw a version here that contained goat cheese and lime.

Holy. Crap. This must be what it's like to be addicted to crack. I took one bite of avocado toast and became hooked. (Okay, maybe this isn't as bad as crack addiction, because I'm 99% sure that no one has ever prostituted themselves in exchange for avocados.)

I'm going to tell you all something really embarrassing. I ate this for 3 meals in a row. It was lunch and dinner on the first day I made it, and then I had it for breakfast the following day. Finally, I ran out of avocados and goat cheese and stopped the madness.

I know it looks funky, but just trust me. By the way - the blog that I got this recipe from had a great trick for finding good avocados. Apparently, if you pull back the stem end and check the color underneath, that's a good indicator if the avocado is still good inside. If it's green, you're good to go! Am I the last person to know this? I think I almost got kicked out of the grocery store though for flicking the stem off of about 20 different avocados trying to find a few perfect ones. The produce boy was giving me some serious stink-eye...


Here's what you'll need:

1 ripe avocado
1/2 lime, juiced
1-2 ounces goat cheese
Olive Oil
Kosher salt or Fleur de Sel
Black Pepper
2 slices sturdy bread, toasted

In a bowl, mash the avocado and lime together until desired chunkiness is reached. Crumble in the goat cheese, and gently stir to combine. Spread the mixture on the toasted bread, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Printer-friendly
Adapted from Simple Provisions

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds great! We've got lots of tomatoes and corn - I bet they'd be great additions to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never thought to combine my two loves?! Wow. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my very favorite ingredients - I can see why you had this so many time in a row!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio