Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Awesome Autumn Recipe Roundup


So, I know I jumped the gun a bit on fall this year by posting a pumpkin bread recipe like, 5 seconds after Labor Day, and the spiced applesauce cake while it was still August. Next to Christmas, fall is my absolute favorite time of the year, and I apparently get a bit over-excited about seasonal cooking.

Before I share any additional fall recipes, I wanted to highlight a few that I've posted over the past couple years that deserve some love, and send you to a few blogs who also have delicious looking fall goodies in their archives. I scoured the recipe indexes of some blogs I love to find their most delicious looking fall recipes, and assembled them below for your baking and cooking pleasure.

Fall favorites from A Bitchin' Kitchen (pictured above):

1. Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup
2. Roasted Butternut Squash Orzo
3. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
4. Pumpkin Walnut Raisin Bread
5. Sweet Potato Ice Cream
6. Pear Spice Cake with Walnut Praline Topping
7. Pumpkin Pie Cake
8. Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes for Two
9. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Fall foods from around the web: 

Pumpkin Crumb Cake from Koko Likes

Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bread from Sweet Dreaming

Chocolate-Coconut and Pumpkin Marble Bundt Cake from Ambitious Kitchen

Pumpkin Ice Cream from The Baker Chick 

Maple Pumpkin Pie from The Hungry Housewife

Bourbon Spiked Sweet Potato Praline Pound Cake from Sugar Plum

Salted Apple Caramel Bourbon Glazed Donuts from Eat The Love

Apple Pecan Crumble Bars from Hungry Girl Por Vida 

Apple Toffee Blondies with Brown Sugar Frosting from Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Apple Cider Cookies with Caramel from We Are Not Martha

Southern Comfort Apple Pie from 20 Something Cupcakes 

Sweet Potato Whoopie Pies with Maple Marshmallow Creme from Sprinkle Bakes

Cumin Sweet Potato Fries with Tahini Yogurt Dipping Sauce from Eat Your Heart Out

Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese from Heather Christo Cooks

Pear Cranberry Walnut Bread from Shutterbean

Cardamom Pear Crisps in Jars from Sugarcrafter  

I'm pretty sure there is something for everyone on this list - I've covered maple, apple, pecan, sweet potato, pear, butternut squash, and my personal favorite autumn ingredient, pumpkin. Am I missing anything? Feel free to share your favorite fall recipes in the comments below, and I'll be back soon with some new recipes!

11 comments:

  1. Sweet potato ice cream?! I need to make this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the awesomeness of the Chipotle Sweet Potato soup - it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Molly, if you're going to comment here, I'd prefer that you do so under the name "The Troll." :)

      Delete
  3. I think I could make it through all nine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I double-dog dare you to try, but please don't come crying to me when you turn orange.

      Delete
  4. Dear Maggie, These are favorites for all year!! Everything looks delicious. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. while reading through this post, i got to the chocolate swirled pumpkin bread and thought to myself, "oh my GOSH i love that!" immediately clicked on it, and was very pleasantly surprised :) thanks so much for mentioning me! made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome - it looks so yummy, and I'm hoping I get a chance to make it this fall! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio