Friday, December 14, 2012

No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Trifles

No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Trifles with Graham Cracker Streusel

So, remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I was going to Mixed Conference courtesy of the nice people at Lucky Leaf? Due to a last minute work obligation, I sadly couldn't make it to the conference, however, I still wanted to share what I created with one of Lucky Leaf's tasty products.

Blueberry and lemon is probably my favorite flavor combination next to peanut butter and chocolate. I know blueberries are a bit out of season right now, but I couldn't resist using them in conjunction with some of Lucky Leaf's lemon pie filling. I came up with this insanely easy trifle recipe, and you don't even need to turn on your oven to make it.  What you're looking at here is a layer of crunchy, cinnamon and almond graham cracker streusel, fresh blueberries, a super-lemony no-bake cheesecake filling, and cubes of moist pound cake. All of these flavors and textures work together so deliciously that I inhaled my jar of trifle in about 90 seconds flat.

No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Trifles with Graham Cracker Streusel

I have a minor obsession with consuming food and drinks from mason jars. Beer, iced tea, and all kinds of desserts simply taste better when consumed from one. It's science. Depending on the size of your mason jars, this makes about 8 servings. You can also make it a full-sized dessert in a regular trifle dish if desired, but it will be less delicious.



Here's what you'll need:

1 frozen pound cake (10.75 ounce), thawed slightly and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
18 ounces fresh blueberries
1 recipe graham cracker streusel (see below)
1 recipe no-bake lemon cheesecake (see below)

Graham cracker streusel:

9 cinnamon graham crackers, crushed to crumbs in a food processor
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
Generous pinch of salt 
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

No-bake lemon cheesecake filling:

24 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cup Lucky Leaf Premium Lemon Pie Filling 

To make the graham cracker streusel, toss all ingredients in a medium bowl until the butter is evenly distributed.

To make the cheesecake mixture, beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the frozen whipped topping and pie filling until evenly combined.

Layer the graham cracker streusel, blueberries, lemon cheesecake mixture, and pound cake cubes in a medium mason jar until filled. Repeat with remaining jars, garnish with frozen whipped topping and a lemon slice (I actually added extra lemon pie filling to the whipped topping, and I highly recommend that you try it out!)

Printer-friendly 
Source: Muh brain dun thunk it up!

Disclosure: Lucky Leaf provided me with complimentary product, but I was not otherwise monetarily compensated. All opinions, as always, are my own! 

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm.easy, yummy and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason jars add an extra special fun factor to foods - - I love this idea. Actually I pretty much want to sink my teeth into a spoonful asap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT for when my oven is filled with cookies and brownies and I don't have room to be making another dessert at the same time. Bring it on!
    I love blueberry and lemon together as well. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bummed you couldn't make it out to Mixed! I hope we see each other soon at the next conference.

    As for these trifles - AMAZING! They're so gorgeous, and I love every single layer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lemon/blueberry combo, too, and these trifles look like pure perfection. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these trifles, Maggie! So elegant but easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio