Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pear Cranberry Walnut Bread

Pear Cranberry Walnut Bread

I just wrote and deleted a whole post because it was super boring. Instead, I've decided to take the easy way out and share some of my favorite Christmas things on the interwebs. This is the last recipe I'll be posting until after Christmas. For those of you that celebrate, have a safe and Merry Christmas! For those of you that don't, enjoy the day off work!

Five Awesome Christmas Things:

1. These Christmas puppies:



2. The 12 Days of Grumpy Cat Christmas:


3. One of my favorite ladies of YouTube makes up a Christmas drinking game:



4. This video of Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and Mariah singing All I Want For Christmas Is You (using classroom instruments!):



5. This bread. Yes, I included something I made on my list of awesome Christmas things. Oh my gosh. I don't know if my gushing will do it justice. It's totally Christmasey and delicious. Pears, cranberries, walnuts, and spices are brought together here for a super moist, super flavorful quick bread that needs to be on your breakfast table Christmas morning. I have tons of bread recipes on here because they're one of my favorite things to make, and I think this is my new favorite.

Pear Cranberry Walnut Bread



Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups grated, peeled ripe pears, with juice (2-3 pears)
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

In a large bowl, whisk together egg, oil, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pears.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet until three-quarters mixed together. Add walnuts and cranberries, and fold together until no flour streaks remain. Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 65-80 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. 

Printer-friendly
Source: Adapted from Joy of Cooking via Shutterbean

2 comments:

  1. Bread is absolutely one of my favorite things to make as well. I also 100% support your description of said bread as "Christmasy" Thanks for sharing this awesome, holly-jolly happy list and have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a festive loaf of bread - wish I was enjoying a big slice right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio