Monday, February 25, 2013

Snicker-Chip-Doodle Cookies

Snicker-Chip-Doodle Cookies

You may be wondering, what the heck is a Snicker-Chip-Doodle?

Allow me to explain.

When a Snickerdoodle and a Chocolate Chip Cookie love one another very much, they hug, and they kiss, and they fool around a little, and in 9 months 8 - 10 minutes they give birth to a Snicker-Chip-Doodle.

That's right. Cookies can get pregnant. Yay science!

Now, these cookies may not look like anything super special. However, they're addictive, and chewy, and chock full of flavor. Plus, they stay soft for eons, which is always a plus when you don't want to house 16 cookies in one day.

Not that I'll judge you if you do that. A Bitchin' Kitchen is a judgment-free zone, at least when it comes to cookie binges.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee chips
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon, for rolling

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer for about 5 minutes, until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla, and beat until well blended, about 2 minutes.

Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon to the butter mixture. Beat with the mixer until the dough comes together. Mix in the milk. If the dough is still crumbly, add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee.

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours. 

While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl.

Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and place on the parchment lined sheet, 3 inches apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.

Yield: 16-20 cookies

Printer-friendly
Source: Adapted from How Sweet It Is

14 comments:

  1. I always struggle with making snickerdoodles, but they're my husband's favorite cookie, so I am determined to get it right! Trying this tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snickerdoodles are super tricky for some reason. It took me a long time to find a version that didn't turn into a super thin frisbee in the oven! Hope you guys enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. Haha 8-10 minutes :) These look awesome and make me think snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies should procreate more often :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. snicker-chip-doodles! You are so cute. I love snickerdoodle cookies! And they are a tough cookie (lol!) because they usually spread so much in the oven. Yours, however, look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! In my head, your pregnant cookie comment was 100% narrated by Tracey Jordan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxz3acXM6w

    In other news, I would destroy these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I thought of the same exact thing after I wrote it! Gosh, I miss that show already...

      Delete
  5. I knew I became a scientist for a reason, pregnant cookies! These look so amazing, yay science!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please, these look soo addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Believe it or not, I have never ever made snicker doodles! Gasp! I know. I have to make these. They look so chewy!!! I love flat chewy cookies like these, with just enough crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun post and awesome looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snickerdoodles are the best, but it's so much fun to reinvent them. I love that you combined two cookies in one. The last time I made Snickerdoodles I used cinnamon chips. Super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio