Thursday, October 31, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Buffalo Chicken Dip

So, there's this annoying thing that happens when you have a food blog...

You assemble a collection of recipes on your blog that you love...but you can't make them again if you want to have time to develop new blog material.

During October, I said to heck with new blog material, and remade some of my favorite things from A Bitchin' Kitchen, specifically, this, this, and this. I only made one new recipe all month - a hot mess of an apple pie that was soooo not blog-worthy. If anyone has an apple pie recipe that doesn't turn out like apple soup, please send it to me and you'll be my best friend fo' lyfe. I also made this new to the blog (but not new to me) buffalo chicken dip. I know there are roughly 348272934 renditions of this dip floating around in internet-land, but I am sharing my version anyway.

A lot of people make this dip with canned chicken and blue cheese. However, canned chicken scares the heck out of me, and James is skeptical of blue cheese, so my version contains neither. Please don't leave me mean comments for making unauthentic buffalo chicken dip. I seriously saw that happen on a big blogger's site once when she made hers with ranch and cheddar.

And since it's almost Friday, have a fantabulous weekend everyone! I have big plans that involve breakfast burritos, day drinking Bloody Mary's on a heated patio, and Season 2 of Scandal on Netflix. I couldn't BE more psyched. Onward with the recipe!

Buffalo Chicken Dip



8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (do not sub another hot sauce - this is the brand that tastes most like wings!)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups cooked, shredded, chicken breast meat (I just pulled some breast meat off a rotisserie chicken)
Tortilla chips for dipping

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in ranch dressing, wing sauce, and cheese until well combined. Stir in chicken. Pour mixture into a baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.

Printer-friendly

13 comments:

  1. Buffalo chicken dip is the best. I love that you use shredded chicken breasts, rather than the canned stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. canned chicken IS scary! this looks great...I love all things buffalo chicken, especially baked a bubbly things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canned chicken is the WORST!!! Rotisserie chicken is the way to go :) I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks soooo good, and good for you for nixing the canned stuff. I mean. It's canned meat. Who does that?!

    Re: apple pie, I usually just make a standard butter crust, and do a filling that is just sliced apples, maybe 2 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon to taste, and a tablespoon of flour all tossed together. Perhaps some butter dots (or melted drizzle) on the top, but not too much. That's not that specific (sorry!) but I tend not to measure the filling part and do it by eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dip. Canned chicken scares me too! My husband was just saying how I should go back and remake some of my old recipes and take new pics. I think I might join you in remaking some of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add Minute Tapioca (about 2 Tbsp for 6 cups of apples) to your apple pie to help make it less runny. This really helped my pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add Minute Tapioca (about 2 Tbsp for 6 cups of apples) to your apple pie to make it less runny. It really helped my pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. can I just say how much I love and appreciate that you have a bottle of Yuengling with the dip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! It looks like the recipe I use. My friends here are obsessed with this dip - no joke. I made it for a Superbowl party last year, and now one of my friends has taken to introducing me to people as, "This is Liz. She makes this buffalo chicken dip..." It's like no other facets of me are important anymore except for my making this dip, lol.

    Love your photos in this, btw!!

    Also...canned chicken is terrifying. I didn't even know that existed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dip looks delicious. I cannot wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds awesome, and YAY for no canned chicken. That shiz is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for not using canned chicken! That scares me too! I could never bring myself to eat it. The dip looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is delicious! Fresh chicken is best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio