Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Green Chile Chicken Soft Tacos

Green Chile Chicken Soft Tacos

I've extolled the virtues of tacos approximately ten million times.

I'm about to do it again.

Not only are these tacos crazy delicious and packed with flavor, they're super quick to make. Listen you guys. I am seriously the slowest human being on the planet in the kitchen. My knives are about as sharp as Kim Kardashian, and my slightly OCD nature means I spend way too much time doing things like scrubbing vegetables, and cleaning and cutting the nasty bits from chicken. I saw this earlier today, and #15 totally spoke to me.

Despite all that, I still managed to make this recipe in 20 minutes flat. A normal person will probably make it in 15 minutes.

One final item unrelated to tacos: I'm typing this post in public, and someone near me just sprayed himself with half a bottle of Axe body spray. Since it's kind of illegal to physical harm strangers for being stupid, I'm complaining to you guys. If I never blog here again it's because I'm in jail for spraying him in the eyes while informing him that Axe is for prepubescent boys and Jersey Shore cast members.

Rant over. Go forth and make tacos.

Green Chile Chicken Soft Tacos

For the chicken:

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 large breasts)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
1-2 dashes cayenne pepper

For serving:

6 small taco-sized flour tortillas, warmed
Pico de gallo
Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
Sliced jalapenos
Cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or a Mexican blend are good choices)
Lime wedges

In a large, nonstick pan, heat oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken cubes for 6-10 minutes, until completely cooked through.

Sprinkle the spices over the chicken, and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to medium low and add green chilies and cayenne. Stir until well combined, and cook until mixture is heated through - about 1 minute.

Serve in warmed tortillas with lots of toppings!

Source: Adapted from My Life as a Mrs.


  1. I fully agree that there is no food more awesome than tacos!


  2. Ha! I doubt anyone would blame you for the Axe incident. It is definitely NOT ok to apply that in public. It is ok, however, to eat these in public or at home because man, do they look good.

  3. Hahaha love your rant! You can never go wrong with chicken tacos!

  4. Bahaha I had a guy friend who wore Axe in high school and I could literally smell him roughly 5 seconds before I saw him. I don't know if it was a function of him wearing too much or if Axe is just that strong.

  5. Ew I hate Axe! Yuck that stinks. I would probably just glare at him after that.

    I love tacos! Yours look so good!

  6. Bahaha, you are hilarious! "My knives are about as sharp as Kim Kardashian" = love. But not as much as I love these amazing-looking tacos. NOM!


Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio