Thursday, January 2, 2014

No-Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

No-Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

Happy 2014, everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I hope your Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus celebrations were marvelous.

2013 was one of the best years of my life, and I'm super excited to see what this year has in store. As regular A Bitchin' Kitchen readers may have noticed, blogging took a bit of a backseat for me this past year. I'm one of those people who tries to squeeze 28 hours of living into a 24 hour day, and other activities became prioritized over maintaining this site.

Fortunately, I anticipate that things will start returning to a more normal posting schedule around here this month (hurray for improved time management skills!), so ten bajillion thank yous to everyone who is still actually reading this thing!

I made these bars on Sunday afternoon when my oven was occupied for 4 hours with a batch of my awesome pulled pork. James is a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan, and I'm a lifelong fan of events that revolve around eating, so during their Very Important Game Sunday night, I tried to give us both heart attacks with a feast comprised of cheese and crackers, onion rings, pulled pork sandwiches, and these amazingly simple and delicious bars.

These are pretty much a homemade version of a Reese's cup, which is every bit as amazing as you're thinking.

Here's what you'll need for 16 reasonably sized or 8 ohmygoshsofat bars:

1/2 cup salted butter, melted*
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full sheets)
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not natural style)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of the peanut butter, and spread into the foil-lined baking pan.

Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave until melted, and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the peanut butter layer, and chill for at least 3 hours before enjoying.

*Or, use unsalted butter, and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt when you add the peanut butter.

Source: Sally's Baking Addiction


  1. You and me both when it comes to trying to squeeze 28 hours into 24 hours! Luckily, there are things like no-bake reese's PB bars to get us through! These look so delicious and rich.

  2. Still reading Maggie! Looking forward to more posts this month! Food is the best part of football watching!

  3. Yaaayyy! So glad you're back, and even gladder (whut) that you're not like, "here's some kale, you'll love it! Whee January!" like my other food blog buds!

  4. I've made these from SBA and they are sooooo amazing. Glad to hear you'll be around more!

  5. These look AMAZING!!! I love no-bake desserts. They're perfect for those days that turning on your oven makes you want to dry-heave.

  6. Uggg I feel your blogging pain!!!!!


Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them, and try to respond to questions as soon as possible. Comments are moderated to prevent spam, and will not show up immediately. Anonymous comments will not be published, so please be friendly and leave your name!

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio